Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day 25 and a few before

So I kind of lost track of posting and I'm not sure what picture is from what day, but I'll tell you all the foods!  We are in the home stretch! Only 5 days left. It's honestly not as hard as I thought, I am not craving much (although I did dream last night about having a big bowl of cereal on day 30), but I'm looking forward to not cooking so much. I'm not good at prep, and I love cooking but it's difficult with two little girls running around who won't eat anything I cook. 

This was an "I'm sick of meat" lunch. Apples with almond butter drizzled over topped with pecans and baked. No sugar at all but tasted like apple crisp!

 Chicken 'tortilla' soup again in the crock pot with avacado.

One of my many eclectic lunches of random things I found in the fridge. Today's version: avacado, cucumber, sweet potato fries, cherry tomatoes, banana with almond butter, coconut, and pecans.

Typical breakfast. Really yummy but takes a good 45 minutes to make.

Chicken teriyaki with asperagus and broccoli over cauliflower rice.

Leftover pork that we doused in BBQ sauce (from the It Starts With Food book) over sweet potato toasts with sauteed zucchini and harlot verts. This was a particularly delicious meal.

We had guests over on Sunday evening and dinner turned out fantastic. Butternut squash soup, harlot verts (aka little green beans), chocolate chili (recipe in an earlier post) in the crock pot over cauliflower rice, and baked sweet potato fries. How colorful!

Onion, kale, egg scramble over sweet potato toasts and a banana. Not very inventive but filling and easy.

I went to whole foods this morning (which I should not be allowed to do unsupervised) and they finally had ground pork! So I got 4 pounds and made one into this delicious lunch. Ground pork browned with onion and garlic, add chopped apples, a few leftover sweet potato fries, and kale. I had some red pepper slices for color. So good. Plan on making this for breakfast.

Italian chicken (aka chicken with lots of oregano, thyme, garlic powder, basil, and pepper) with peppers and onions over zucchini noodles and capers. How sophisticated.

Leftover pork apple stuff from yesterday with a few eggs.

Leftover chocolate chili (It is SOOOO good) with a few peppers, avocado, and butternut squash soup. I thought about putting the chili in the soup, which probably would have been good, but I just love them both separately so I kept it that way.

Leftover chocolate chili over roasted butternut squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment