Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Catch up for Days 16--19

Day 16
Another snow day. I think we've reached some record for snowfall. We've had more this season already than we usually have ALL winter-and it's only mid February. There is at least 3 feet standing on the ground and it's so cold that it won't melt!
Church was canceled today because we were supposed to get another blizzard but we didn't get much-but still stuck at home, again, all day. I could use some of that Tiger Blood, when does that come? At least Rob was here to share the misery!

Breakfast was the usual-sweet potato/potato/kale/onion hash with sausage and eggs. That fruit thing in the corner is a Pomelo that Trader Joes convinced me to buy. It pretty much tastes like nothing and wasn't very good. Sometimes new foods are a bust.

Lunch was leftover something, don't remember.
Dinner was chicken curry with lots of veggies over cauliflower 'rice'. It was pretty good, I was hoping for a bit more zing but it left me quite satisfied. I'll have to try a curry again.

Day 17
Does breakfast look familiar? I swear I'm not just using the same picture over and over.

Lunch was leftover curry from yesterday
Dinner was pork tenderloin with veggies and apples. I seared it in the pan and then stuck the whole pan in the oven. This is a great one pot technique (Same one we used for our filets on valentines day) and I'm going to use it a lot more. Yum. I love apples with pork.

Day 18
I tried to branch out for breakfast today. Steph had left some almond milk at our house so I tried out my granola with almond milk and fruit. It was pretty good, a lot more filling than cereal but I'm not much of a fan of almond milk. Just doesn't satisfy like a big cold glass of whole milk from a cow. I'm craving milk/yogurt a lot lately.

Since I didn't have eggs for breakfast, I made an egg/broccoli scramble for lunch to put over sweet potato toasts. I'm getting a bit sick of veggies but I know I need them. The broccoli in the eggs was pretty good actually. I chopped it up really small and sauteed it before adding the eggs. The avocado was probably unnecessary but I love them...

Dinner was supposed to be roast chicken but it was still frozen solid so I grabbed some frozen salmon (salmon can be cooked from frozen!) instead. I saw a frozen bag of butternut squash soup from the fall so I defrosted that and added a handful of chopped carrots. Dinner was looking a bit orange so the brussels sprouts and prosciutto wrapped asperagus made an appearance in an attempt to color my plate. Overall good dinner but Rob and I both agreed that salmon is tastier with some kind of sweet glaze or our delicious maple rub. Mmmm....

Day 19
This breakfast really is delicious.

 I was tired and lazy for lunch so I threw together whatever I found in the fridge.

Dinner will be crock pot roast chicken. And veggies, of course. It's cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment