Thursday, February 12, 2015

Day 11 and 12

I was super excited for this breakfast casserole but it was just ok. I think we added to many potatoes and it just didn't have that nice cheesy flavor that breakfast casseroles are supposed to have....
None the less, we both ate it. We will have to try the egg bake thing again. More flavor, fewer potatoes.

Megan came over for lunch and we made delicious salads with turkey, strawberries, avacado, and veggies.


I managed to make teriyaki sauce in the morning and marinade some chicken so dinner was easy. I made cauliflower 'rice' to go with it and it was super yummy. Even Rob liked the rice, he said he would have thought it was couscous if I hadn't told him it was cauliflower.  So glad I got that food processor.

Day 12
 Although I wasn't thrilled with the breakfast casserole, I wasn't going to waste it, so had that again for breakfast.

I didn't have any meat in the fridge so I had some leftover 'porriage' for lunch and sweet potato 'toasts' with guac. Erica picked out a watermellon at Target yesterday and a few slices of that rounded out my lunch nicely. I was surprisingly full after lunch.


We had leftover pork from our crock pot meal on Sunday and the Whole30 book "It Starts With Food" has a BBQ sauce recipe, so I thought I'd try it out. Here it is (is posting pictures from a book illegal? I am giving them full credit!). Well, the sauce was amazing. I'll certainly make this again, especially after I looked at the ingredients on our normal Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and saw the FIRST ingredient is High Fructose Corn Syrup, then honey, and some form of sugar appears 3 more times in the long list....no thanks.


We had our BBQ pork over some spaghetti squash with roasted asparagus. One of the better meals we've had I think.

Lots of people have asked how our Whole30 is going. I am not feeling much different and it hasn't really been hard. I have craved a bowl of cereal a few evenings but not that strongly. We are almost half way through and according to the timeline that's when the tiger blood is supposed to show up...can't wait for that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment